Setting the table is the one place where you show your personal style, where you transform the hard work that took place in the kitchen into a painting of sorts, painted by the colours of your food, plates and gorgeous set up. This is after all where you will display all your tasty masterpieces and set the mood 🙂
Some like elaborate, full, with a gazillion detail tables, and some like it simple, clean and minimal. Everyone has their own style, and at times, different occasions, themes and moods demand different styles. However when it comes to cutlery and crockery, some can really limit how we set the table, while other types are easier to work with. Watch as food stylist Fiona Archibold shares her tips on choosing cutlery and crockery and while she is at it, she will also demonstrate a simple yet gorgeous table set up that you can have all ready in less than 5 minutes, and which is adaptable to different moods and styles. She explains how we can find inspirations and ideas for gorgeous table set ups simply by….
Let’s watch together and see…
If you are feeling generous
and would like to giveback here is a list of charities that you can support
either by donation or volunteer work:
- Dubai Foundation for Women & Children – “The Dubai Foundation for Women and Children (DFWAC) is the first licensed non-profit shelter in the UAE for women and children victims of domestic violence, child abuse, and human trafficking. It was established in July 2007 to offer victims immediate protection and support services in accordance with international human rights obligations.” You can help by donating or Volunteering, visit their website to learn more.
- Volunteer in UAE – “Become part of our ever growing family, where people from over one hundred and fifteen countries come together for a common cause, where friendships are made and where great things for our community and the less privileged happen! Enjoy volunteer work in Dubai & Abu Dhabi.” You can help by volunteering,
visit their website to learn more.
- Breast Cancer Arabia – “Breast Cancer Arabia™ is a free interactive internet portal that provides high quality information about breast cancer and its treatment.The site was setup to address the problem of insufficient and incorrect information about breast cancer being offered on the internet. The Breast Cancer Arabia™ website offers medically produced and backed information that has been provided by a leading Breast Cancer Specialist from the UK.” You can Help by donating or volunteering, visit the website for more information.
- Palestine Children’s Relief Fund (PCRF) – “The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund (PCRF) is a non-political, non-profit organization dedicated to healing the wounds of war, occupation and poverty for children in the Middle East, regardless of their nationality, religion, race or gender.” You can get involved by donating or starting a fundraiser, visit their website for more information.
- Dubai Centre for Special Needs – “We are a non-profit organisation, dedicated to providing special education, therapeutic services and vocational training. The Center is always working hard towards a brighter future for individuals with special needs.” You can help by donating, volunteering, becoming a sponsor or simply by spreading the word. Visit their website to learn more.
- Dubai Cares – “Dubai Cares is a philanthropic organization working to improve children’s access to quality primary education in developing countries. Launched in September 2007 by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Cares expresses the UAE’s commitment to achieving, by 2015, United Nations Millennium Development Goals (UN MDG) 2 and 3 – namely, to guarantee universal primary education and to promote gender equality, respectively. Dubai Cares is also helping to forge a global partnership for development, as represented by UN MDG 8.” You can help by donating, becoming a supporter, or working with them. Visit their website to learn more.
Come back tomorrow for another episode of “Learn From The Masters” as Vegan-Raw Chef Hayley Mac demonstrates one of her favourite vegan raw pasta recipes! Explaining Vegan Raw as well as shares with us her thoughts on some of today’s food practices that have made her become committed to ‘purely vegan raw’ 🙂
Fiona Archibold is a chef, creative, food stylist and an inveterate foodologist. Her expertise and experience are phenomenal; from catering and cooking for the Ferrari Formula 1 team at the height of its glory days from 200-2003, to cooking as a private chef to VIPs and media celebrities, to teaching masterclass foodstyling seminars and workshops, to her regular columns and features in both Good Housekeeping ME and Spinneys Food Magazine.
When she is not cooking and developing recipes, she is researching food, and often in the small hours of the night when she really ought to know better.
Her approach is less a philosophy, but rather a deep rooted need to share and nurture with food, as part of a holistic approach to health, wellbeing and good old-fashioned hedonistic Epicureanism. Her food has to be tasted to be believed; you will realise that this is what food is supposed to taste like, and then you’ll wonder why you even bother eating anything else.
Her Website: www.fionaarchibold.com or you can reach her on her mobile : +971 (0) 55 889 6423
Appreciate, love & give back a little this Ramadan 🙂