Make Buttermilk Pancakes for the ones you love!
Pancakes are great, and they are all time winners with most people. You are guaranteed to win some hearts and heavy clouds of compliments when serving pancakes. The two secrets to super gorge pancakes are buttermilk and dry frying in a cast iron skillet or griddle. They will rise and will look awesome with a uniform golden brown look on both sides. There is nothing worse, in my opinion, than greasy pancakes! Dry fried pancakes are so delicious, I can munch on them plain all day!
These pancakes are gorgeous and so delicious, you will literally be popping them! They are a perfect base for many applications too. So don’t get boring with the same presentation, change around and have fun, keep your pancakes interesting. Here are some suggestions:
- Banoffee Pancakes: whipped cream, bananas and caramel sauce (recipe on this link)
- Banana and walnuts with 100% pure maple syrup (no high fructose maple flavoured corn syrups!)
- Baked/flambeed apples with cinnamon, vanilla and walnuts
- Pumpkin pie spice pancakes (just add pumpkin pie spices to the batter) serve with honey.
- Aged Balsamic & strawberries.