Fresh Tomato Soup is my favourite soup. Try it out this Ramadan and have your family enjoy its refreshing effect. Another very dear Mediterranean soup is the French onion soup, which I have also included for you in the video below. 🙂
2 Delicious Mediterranean Soups...
- 1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 800g peeled tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small bouquet garni (basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 100g long grain rice
- 1.5 ltr chicken or vegetable broth
- fresh basil leaves or fresh parsley
- garlic croutons
In a large heavy pot sweat onions in butter, then add peeled tomatoes, crushed garlic & bouquet garni, salt & black pepper. Cook gently for 20 minutes on medium-low heat.
Add rice and stir to mix. Add broth, stir to combine all ingredients; cover and cook for 20 minutes more.
Remove Bouquet Garni. Reduce soup to a purée in a blender, then return to the pot and whisk 1/4 cup butter chopped into small pieces until incorporated.
Serve hot sprinkled with fresh basil or parsley and some garlic croutons.