Every city you go to you find the local residents raving about a specific place, food or specialty. In Dubai everyone raves about the Baker & Spice Shakshooka. This saucy, flavour-packed absolutely delicious Shakshooka is the talk of the town. People have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and during Ramadan, Baker & Spice even have dedicated Shakshooka Nights! Yup, it is that good.
The best thing about this Shakshooka, is that it is made from scratch, using seasonal local produce which already means the basic ingredients are superior in taste. All components, such as the tomato sauce for instance are homemade, from scratch using the wonderful local tomatoes. The same applies to the labneh, green tahini sauce, the bread it is served with and all the other basic ingredients. Tasting this shakshooka is really proof that when you use the better option ingredients (seasonal, local and organic) all food ends up tasting much better than any other made using ‘settled-for’ ingredients. Take Yael’s advise and carry out a shakshooka with whatever you have at hand. Don’t restrict yourself with a recipe, instead make sure to use from-scratch home-made local and seasonal ingredients and you too shall make ‘talk of the town’ shakshooka.
Watch the video below and see how Shakshooka is made at Baker & Spice. Give this recipe a try, you are going to absolutely love it. Shakshooka is an excellent choice for Suhoor, and as you can see it can be whipped up in no time.
Below this video, I have also included for you 7 links for posts worth reading if you want to know why I keep calling for a change in the overall way we view food and choose ingredients today. Also Included 11 links packed with Quick and Easy Recipes, for when you are in a rush. Enjoy!
To her Shakshooka Yael added, her favourite extras: Home-made local Labneh and green Tahini sauce, local organic kale, and a drizzling of olive oil. These are of course add ons but really make all the difference to the whole experience. Everyone has favourite flavours, so go ahead and add your own signature flavours and make Shakshooka yours 😉
Appreciate, love & give back a little this Ramadan 🙂
Let’s Talk Food: Ingredients, Organic, Local, Labels….
- An Ethical & Socially Responsible Food Business Starts With The Sourcing Of Ingredients
- What is the big deal? Why do things have to change?
- The Food Fight Of Our Lives! Food For Money Never Mind Survival!!
- Today’s Modern Food, it is not what you think!
- 10 Easy Steps to make the transition to organic lifestyle
- Why should I go for Grass fed beef? + A Glossary of Food Labels
- Food, the other side of the coin
- Italian Cheese Made in The UAE! Go Local.
- Slow Food Dubai- Preserving local food heritage and local cuisine
- Why a Butcher’s daughter became a dedicated vegan raw chef!
Quick & Easy Fantastic Recipes
- All Organic Homemade BBQ sauce
- Homemade Pesto & Canning Tips
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons
- Understanding Fruit Jams, My Fave Figs Jam Recipe
- Zucchini Frittatas
- 2 amazing Quiche recipes
- Most Delicious Tomato Tart & Homemade Savoury Short Crust
- Breaded Local Tiger Shrimps with Homemade Breadcrumbs & A spicy tomato sauce
- Feta Cheese & Cherry Tomato Mini Bites
- Bringing New To The Old, 4 ways with giblets
- Arayes, The Classic Arabic Meat Sandwich