A dip for all types of food...
Place the tahina, salt, black pepper, the crushed clove of garlic, and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix to form a paste.
Thin the paste with the yogurt until you get a creamy ribbon consistency sauce.
Add the chopped parsley and mix well.
The sauce is now ready to use.
- Use this sauce in sandwiches as a base sauce. Especially good with Falafel (recipe on this link)
- Serve this sauce as dip for fried fish (try the recipe on this link for Fried Ladyfish), or even grilled fish.
- Serve as a dip with grilled vegetables. Especially good with eggplants
- This sauce is used in the making of Fattet Makdoos (recipe on this link)
- This sauce is also used in the making of Meat Shawerma Sandwiches (recipe in my book Plated Heirlooms)
This recipe is from the repertoire of over 280 recipes in my book Plated Heirlooms. The book contains recipes from all sections of the Palestinian cuisine, starting with Mooneh (pantry recipes) to dessert and everything in between. Plated Heirlooms is a documentation of recipes and cuisine rationale as well as the compiled story of the cuisine.
All Plated Heirlooms recipes come with background information and thorough descriptions that in the end tie up with the rest of the book’s narrative to explain to you the formation and makings of Palestinian cuisine.