Who does not like a good Mac n’ Cheese? This is one really tasty version with seafood that the whole family will love. I have gone with shrimps, crabs and mussels, but you can use all the seafood meats you can think of. The creaminess, the cheese and the pasta is a combination we all love and adore, the seafood here offers a different variation from the regular vegan or poultry options.. Try it, you will love it
Comforting, warm and delightful
- 1 pack elbow macaroni, half cooked and drained
- 120g butter
- 200g medium size shrimps peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 200g cooked crab meat
- 200g cooked mussels
- 1/2 cup DS Homemade Herbed Bread Crumbs
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter then sauté the chopped onion and crushed garlic until softened. Add the flour and stir to mix and cook all for a minute, stirring constantly. Add the milk and whisk until smooth and there are no lumps.
Bring this ix to a gentle boil, reduce the and simmer whisking continuously until the sauce is thickened. Remove the saucepan from the heat and season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg and whisk to incorporate.
Add the cheeses and stir all until smooth.
In a large bowl, fold in the macaroni, cooked shrimp, mussels and crab meat with the cheese sauce until well coated.
Brush your baking dish with butter, then transfer the macaroni mixture into the prepared dish and top evenly with buttered bread crumb mixture.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bread crumb topping is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling around edges.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve hot.
You will also enjoy